If you have an existing reservation or would like to place one, please read our Covid Guidelines below. In this time of Covid we are doing our best to accommodate our customers while protecting our rural community which includes tribal elders and people with pre-existing vulnerabilities. We now have a four night minimum due to Covid restrictions. Minimum stay during out high seasons (Mid June to late August and Early September through October) is one week.
Welcome to Sandy Bar Ranch
Just inland from the Redwood Coast lies the Klamath Region, a little-known corner of Northern California with winding rivers, granite canyons, majestic mountains and miles of hiking trails waiting to be explored. Our riverside cabins are on the banks of the Klamath, with private swimming, a peaceful setting and lots of good fishing access. Enjoy the view of the river from your private deck and sleep with your door open to the sounds of the river. The warm, sunny interior of the Klamath offers an alternative to the cool and foggy Redwood Coast, and you'll be far from the crowds. Our redwood, pet friendly cabins come with a full kitchen & linens and a deck that looks over the river. We have farm fresh eggs and fresh goats milk seasonally available, and kids love helping out with the morning milking. We can arrange whitewater rafting trips, point you in the direction of the best hiking, or you can just relax by the river and explore on your own to see what you find. You won't be disappointed.
After a cool, wet January, February has turned warm and sunny. The river has been running clear and winter fishing is good, but we're hoping for lots more rain for the river and snow in the mountains. Red tailed hawks are back and sounding off regularly, our free range chickens have learned to stay sheltered under shrubs and trees after a few of them became snacks. A resident pair of bald eagles has graced us with their presence year round. We're seeing lots of otter tracks and some beaver sign at the water's edge. The rocks along the bar come alive with winter rain this time of year, displaying brilliant shades of deep green moss and blue-gray lichen (Rinodina oreina, great name!). Spring wildflowers are just around the corner; soon we'll be swimming. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest conditions.
Click Here to view our 2020 E Newsletter.
Our cabins are open year round. During our peak vacation seasons, (mid-June through August and mid September through October) we give preference to full week bookings You can book or check availability from our website, send us an email email@example.com , or give us a call at 530-627-3379.
Learn More About Our Area
We recently finished a Guide to Sandy Bar Ranch and the Mid Klamath, which has information on the natural and cultural history of this region, along with descriptions of hikes and destinations in this region. Each cabin has a printed copy, but you can download a digital version to have on your own device.
Sandy Bar Ranch Covid Guidelines
We can boil this down to two central points – Please be patient and flexible, and please help us make the right decisions and choices to keep everyone safe and healthy. We take Covid-19 very seriously and are committed to the health and safety of our customers, our residents and workers, and our local community.
Please be patient and flexible – This is a time of uncertainty when conditions and regulations are in constant flux. Covid-19 is a dynamic and evolving situation, we expect change at the local, county and state level and will respond to these changes in a way that prioritizes everyone’s well-being. We will issue a full refund to any cancellations due to Covid-19.
Please help us make the right decisions and choices to keep everyone safe and healthy. We need you to evaluate your own risk of spreading Covid-19 and whether it is safe for you to come stay at Sandy Bar Ranch.
Our small, rural community is far from health services and includes Tribal elders and members vulnerable to Covid due to pre-existing conditions. A Covid outbreak could be extremely harmful to our community. There is concern of outsiders bringing Covid here, so we ask you to please limit your exposure and be extremely respectful when out in the community; practice social distancing and wear a mask in any public place, such as the gas station and at the local stores even if you see others not doing so. There is no Covid-19 in our area and we want to keep it that way
Before your stay please do a self-evaluation of your Covid risk:
To the best of your knowledge has anyone in your party had known exposures to Covid-19?
If anyone in your party has Covid symptoms, including fever, cough or shortness of breath please do not stay at Sandy Bar Ranch,
If anyone in your party has been on a plane or travelled internationally within the 14 days prior to your reservation please do not stay at Sandy Bar Ranch.
Has everyone in your party been committed to and consistent with social distancing?
Has your party been tested for Covid-19? We request you take a Covid test the week before your arrival if at all possible. We realize this is not feasible for everyone, so we make it a request and not a requirement.
We ask all guests to observe the following guidelines during your stay:
· All guests must practice social distancing, maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet from people outside your group at all times.
· If anyone from your party experiences any Covid symptoms during your stay including fever, cough, shortness of breath, please self-isolate and notify us immediately.
· We are leaving all cabins empty for at least 24 hours between occupancies. This means that weeklong reservations need to leave on the morning of the sixth day (typically Friday a.m.) to allow a “fallow” period for guests arriving on Saturday. This does not change your weekly rate as we do not charge for the 7th night of a weeklong reservation. We apologize for the loss of the discount, please understand that we are incurring many losses during this time ourselves.
· Please do not enter any buildings on Sandy Bar Ranch other than your own rented cabin, or cabin(s) of people in your party.
· There is a table and chairs on the lawn or in the cabana with your cabin number, please use only that table when in the common area.
· Bring your own lawn games and keep them with you at all times. We have a ping pong table but you must bring your own paddles and balls and sanitize the table after each use. Kids must be supervised by an adult.
· You may want to bring a beach umbrella for shade.
· Please wash your hands frequently.
· During Covid we are not allowing access to our office, laundry, phone or office bathroom. You may access our WIFI from the lawn and cabana, including WIFI calling.
· Please make sure that kids in your party follow all guidelines
No farm produce available.
· Check In is 5 PM, Checkout is 10 AM, in order to allow extra time for disinfecting and leaving your cabin fallow between occupancy.
· Swimming etiquette – Please allow for, and practice, social distancing at all swim holes. We have enough room for people to spread out here at Sandy Bar Ranch, some local swim holes are smaller and more confined. If a swim hole is already occupied, consider finding another. If you have been at a swim hole for some time and others arrive, consider vacating to offer some space. If your group is large, eight or more, please avoid the Salmon River as space is limited and it is frequented by locals.
If for any reason these new Covid guidelines cause you to cancel your reservation we understand and apologize for any inconvenience. We will issue a full refund for any cancellation due to Covid.
The Redwood Coast, 2018 'Best in the U.S."
The North Coast of California has hidden coves, majestic Redwoods and miles of secluded beaches. Voted number one in Lonely Planet's 2018 "Best in the U.S." destinations, the Redwood Coast offers hiking, beachcombing, quirky culture and unparalleled scenery, with only one drawback: it's foggy and cold for most of the summer. We're located just inland from the Redwood Coast, without the fog and crowds of the summer tourist season. Our favorite and most direct route to the coast is over Bald Hills Rd., which connects to Redwood National Park, and one of our favorite stretches of the north coast, including Ladybird Johnson Grove, Fern Canyon, Prairie Creek Redwoods and Gold Bluffs Beach. The drive takes about 1 hour and forty five minutes, and winds through the beautiful grasslands of upper Redwood National Park, a seldom-visited corner where you're likely to spot elk, deer, bear and hawks. The route includes an eight mile unpaved section which may be bumpy certain times of the year, but is kept in good condition, even for 2-wheel drive low clearance vehicles. For more info on this route see our Directions page.
All I can say is I wish I had more time to stay on the Ranch! We will definitely be back next time we're in this remote, fantastic corner of California. This place is rustic in the most complimentary sense of the word, while also providing everything one might need for an off-the-beaten-path type experience. Highly recommend for those looking to get away from it all. –Jaime, Airbnb